It’s the wedding season everywhere and I’ll be attending a few myself. Deciding which ones to go is the easy part but what to wear requires year long research and planning…I might be exaggerating a little there but it’s mostly true!
The challenge with a Winter wedding is -you need an outerwear to warm up yourself and no matter how pretty the dress is, it gets covered up. Sad right? So this year I’m making a deliberate attempt on finding pieces that are warm as well as stylish. I’ve been playing around with a couple of moodboards and wanted to share with you pretty girls incase you are also looking for inspiration.
Some things to remember while hunting for the perfect outfit:
- If you are asked to wear a specific color by the bride, respect that and try to find something according to her wedding color theme.
- If it’s a Church/White wedding, never ever wear white- ivory and cream might be acceptable provided it’s not a dramatic gown. You don’t want to compete with the bride. Do you?
- It’s the bride’s day, and she should get all the attention and not you so consider what she might be wearing/ how big the wedding is etc. If it’s a simple garden wedding, you might want to think about wearing that big taffeta gown.
- As much as possible, don’t wear black–it’s just too sad for a wedding.
- Unless it’s a country themed wedding, boots are a no no– Church weddings are usually formal and you want to respect the occasion.
- Don’t let your dress hang too short–after all, you are going to a wedding and not club.
There is no color themed for this wedding but I’m asked to wear something bright–Yay! So what speaks “Happy” than a yellow maxi dress! I added a grey stole to keep me warm and blue earrings and sandals for the warm winter touch.
It isn’t for me but will work great for a blue themed wedding- and adding the much loved, so trendy burgundy to the mix-This will also be great for a night wedding-cue the sequin clutch-you can carry a more subtle clutch for a day wedding.
I had so much fun creating this! Orange and Turquoise -Perfect color combo for a Winter Wedding! As long as I find the perfect orange dress I’m going to go with this look. Just have to make sure I don’t freeze to death in that tiny fur stole!